Matt Franzke - firstname.lastname@example.org
Knowle-DGE ACADEMY CAREERS Programme
It is important that all students are fully supported and guided through the process of planning their futures. With an independent careers adviser and a programme of education, information, advice and guidance for all students from Years 7 -13 we believe our students are well-prepared for their futures. All staff at Knowle-DGE Academy play an active role in preparing them. We have a full programme of careers education that is delivered through the WoW curriculum, PHSE, special events, enrichment programmes, visits, trips and assemblies and also within subject areas and tutor time.
All students will:
- Develop a deeper understanding of themselves, their abilities and affinities
- Gain a greater knowledge of the range of opportunities open to them
- Take part in work related activities in and out of school
- Understand the labour market and the requirements and expectations of employers
- Learn to make decisions wisely about their future
- Be fully prepared to manage change and be fully supported through key transition periods
- Learn how to improve their own employability: how to find work, how to get work and how to progress their careers
We have a Work Experience Programme that is flexible to our student’s needs and is arranged on an individual basis in line with each student’s aspirations and abilities. We utilise the services of job coaches to help prepare students, locate suitable placements and monitor student’s progress.
We have an independent careers advisor who will meet with students individually to discuss aspirations, opportunities, entry requirements and help students apply for courses, jobs and apprenticeships.
All students can meet with their Head of Hub for individual advice about options, future choices, CV clinic, interview preparation, apprenticeship applications, and any other guidance they need. There is no restriction as to how many 1:1 guidance appointments they can have over their time in the school. We also welcome parents/careers to contact us for any advice or guidance they require.
We work with many partners in the community to ensure our students have the latest advice and support when making decisions about their careers. Some of our partners include:
Sixteen Co-op – Work experience coordination
New Mango – Careers advice
West of England Careers Hub – Strategic support
Bristol Junior Chamber of Commerce – Mock interviews
Bristol Works – Experiences of work and curriculum support
Onsite Bristol – Apprenticeships
Career Coach – Children in care career coaching